Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Top 24

Well I’m sad to say that I’m never going to make a fortune in talent recruiting. My team was pretty much decimated during Hollywood week and the bizarre Beatles day that followed. Donnie’s team, however, is the American Idol equivalent of the New York Yankees. And yes, that’s because he was willing to pay a price for them. Case(s) in point: he paid $15 for Lauren Aliana and $7 for Jacob Lusk. My hoard of $3 people are on their way home.

I guess I’m learning an important lesson that a lot of cheap things don’t make up for a few quality pieces. I was shopping at Forever 21 and he was shopping at Nordstrom.* And in the end, most of my clothes fell apart and had to be thrown away while he’s still got something to wear. Ugh. I’ve had enough of this analogy, let’s cut to the chase:

Kayla’s Team:
Julie Zorilla
Jordan Dorsey
Stefano Langone
Pia Toscano
Casey Abrams
Naima Adedapo

Donnie’s Team:
Scottie McCreery
Ashton Jones
Rachel Zavita
Jacob Lusk
Lauren Aliana
James Durbin
Haley Reinhart
Clint Jun Gamboa
Jorany The Abs
Thia Megia
Brett Lowenstern

Free Agents:
Paul McDonald
Tatinisa Wilson
Tim Halperin
Lauren with the big hair
Kendra Chantell
Karen Rodriguez

Donnie picked HALF of the top 24. Stop a minute and think about how amazing that is. When you take into account all of the points that I lost for loading up my team with people who didn’t make it past the long walk, I’m at -17 (yes, NEGATIVE) and Donnie is at +7. If this were a board game, I’d probably “accidently” knock the board over as I stood up to get a drink of water. In other words, this gives me a bad attitude.


*I read this line to Donnie and asked for his input on “an expensive place to shop” and he said he couldn’t think of one and that’d he’d probably go to the Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment