Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Top 12 Girls

Ta-tynisa (Only Girl in the World): What’s with borrowing the cupcake dresses from Toddlers and Tiaras? She’s not the only one (ahem, Lauren, I’m talking to you). Anyway, the song. I thought it was a little bit scream-ish. Now back to the dress. I want one but I have nowhere to wear it.

Naima (Summertime): I LOVE her story. LOVE LOVE. And she did a lovely job. Unfortunately, I agree with Randy about it being a little lounge-y but I like Steven’s idea about bringing a new-old-timey vibe.

Kendra: Who the heck is she? But omg her voice is pretty good. Except she got a little out of breath towards the middle. Forgettable.

Rachel (Criminal): Hate her. Which is sad because I love this song. She’s almost ruined it for me. Like the time I was eating quiche at a function and the guy across the table from me threw his up on his plate. True story.

Karen (Hero): She is gorgeous. She almost looks too much like J-Lo. I dug the Spanish.

Lauren Turner (Seven Day Flu?): How old is she, 50?

Ashton: No. She’s done better.

Julie (Break Away): See, look at the cupcake dress. This is the quintessential American Idol song, but she blew it.

Haley (Fallin): OH WOW. I love her voice. So different. But would I want to hear it for 12 tracks? Not sure. Her personality is cute, too.

Thia (Some Song I’ve Never Heard): I like that she elected to sing without the van. Haha, I don’t know why I wrote “without the van.” Obviously, I meant the band. She also wins best dressed.

Lauren Alaina (Turn On the Radio): She looks like she dressed up as Kelly Clarkson for Halloween.

Pia (Stand By You): Perfect. She’s my favorite girl. She’s had me singing “I’ll Catch a Grenade For You” for weeks. Except in our house we pronounce it "grenod."

The Top 5 Should Be: 1) Pia, 2) Haley, 3) Thia, 4) Lauren A., 5) Ashton. Alternate: Naima.

No comments:

Post a Comment