Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Top Seven Sing

Casey: I thought it was pretty flat. He didn’t do a whole lot to shake it up. One of the judges said that no one would be talking about that performance tomorrow and they are absolutely right—nothing special. Casey sure has pretty eyes. Who is voting for him? I don’t really understand his target audience.

Lee: Lee’s tone is just beautiful. And he’s feeling some emotion tonight for the first time, which I think may have thrown off his pitch. Look at me pretending like I know what tone and pitch mean. I think Simon’s word “sincere” captured it best. FYI, Donnie was cringing, but I think the judges proved him wrong.

Awww, Captain Sully!

Tim: Eeeeccchhhh!!!!!!! He basically threw in the towel. Why was Simon so sweet? Out of all the judges, only Ellen really told it like it was. Go E.

Aaron: A-Hole is still around? Once I read this book called “Not Buying It” about a woman who tried not to spend any money for a whole year. Afterwards D and I went around saying NBI for anything sort of ridiculous. NBI, Aaron.

Siobhan: Wow, that was a tough song. Her pitch was way off. I think she was trying to hit some notes that were too high—she sounds better in her lower register (haha did that make sense?). I think her responses to the judges’ comments are helping to keeping her in this show.

Big Mike: Whoa. Mike’s white jacket is HUGE. When he said he was singing “Hero” I was really hoping it would be Mariah Carey’s “Hero.” I was disappointed that it wasn’t, but I liked the intro anyway. The guitar was neat. After that, eh, but better than Tim, Aaron, and Casey.

Crystal: Ohhh, I’m excited that she’s not going to use an instrument. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Her voice is gorgeous. She just put herself WAY on the other side of Siobhan. WOW. I think this was the best performance of ANYONE ALL SEASON! I don’t know what Kara and Simon said because the recording stopped after Ellen but in my book she just demonstrated that she will win.

Worst: Tim (Siobhan was pretty bad, too)
Best: Crystal (followed by Lee, but it wasn’t even close tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment