Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Top Six Sing

A paint Salesman: Classy Lee. I loved it. He let it build at the intro and at the end he kind of slowed down. It was an arrangement with some trajectory. And Ellen’s right, he couldn’t have looked cuter. Donnie has recently modeled his facial hair after Lee, and I think he’s on the right track.

A Father: Not a fan. He just seems very rehearsed. Plus he had a bad attitude when he almost got eliminated, which was inappropriate. Sorry.

A Construction Worker: Wow. He really is singing tonight. For some reason Casey sounds better when he’s sitting on a stool. But I kind of disagree with the judges--I think he is still removed and sort of aloof.

A Mother: She sounds like Jewel! I didn’t realize it until tonight, especially in her little yodel-ish high notes. She hit some good ones. It wasn’t powerful, but it was cute.

A High School Student: Aaron’s voice is really made for songs like this. This is my favorite Shania song so far tonight, and Aaron pulled it off. Simon is right, Aaron was sincere and believable for the first time in weeks. That doesn’t mean I like him, though.

A Glassblower: I changed my mind, this is my favorite Shania song. Who knew I liked so many Shania songs? Anyway, this was really a confusing performance for me. Was she trying to make it country or not country? I kept going back and forth. Finally, I realized she was singing it too close to the original and just not able to compete with Shania. Then it felt like she realized she needed to get a scream in there or else she was going home, and so she threw it in at the end.

Best: Lee
Worst: Michael or Siobhan (Donnie thinks Crystal is at risk of going home. If so, the judges are really going to regret using their save on Michael!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment