Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Top Four Sing

This was the week of Jamie Foxx. I liked the whole T-shirt shtick, but I think that instead of “contestant” or “artist” the shirts should have said “won’t sell” and “marketable.” Isn’t that what this all boils down to? Big Mike might agree with me on that. I know Lily Scott would agree with me.

Overall, I would categorize this week as really mediocre. Mediocre mentor. Mediocre Ford commercial. Mediocre song choice. And then there was Bon Jovi…

Crystal and Lee’s duet wasn’t mediocre. Following the aforementioned duet Kayla texted me the following: OMG!!!! I <3 LEE and Crystal they were sooooooooooo gooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Text Exceeds Maximum Characters]

What I thought about Crystal and Lee:

These two have chemistry—too much chemistry. Definitely one of the best performances of the year, but I still think Mike’s “A Woman’s Work” was the best. I feel bad for Crystal’s boyfriend, not only did he have to watch his girlfriend get wooed on live Tv, he also had on those flag pants. Tough break.

Michael and Casey:

The judges were positive about this. I thought it was fine. Honestly, I was watching the Cavs and Celtics at this point.

But what about the solo performances?

Lee:

This was over before it started. Horrible, horrible song choice. This was really forgettable. I’m not going to deny that this guy has a shot to win, but that’s kind of like the Spurs winning the NBA title. Sorry Kay Kay.

What Kayla would have written about Lee: OMG I <3 Lee! His shirt was sooooo cute. He has great style. I could totally see him opening up for Dave Matthews.

Casey:

Here’s to you Mrs. Dioguardio (sp)—what a gimmick! This performance showed me that Casey is desperate. Maybe he’s running out of shampoo and conditioner? Hopefully Bon Jovi is the mentor next week.

Mike:

When Mike picks the wrong song, he doesn’t have many redeeming qualities. Tonight, he picked the wrong song. Even Jamie Foxx knew it wasn’t going to happen for Big Mike this week. Too bad they didn’t have one more clip about his baby.

What Mike should have performed: “A Woman’s Work,” which was actually the final song of a Kevin Bacon movie. Can you sing the same song three times?

Crystal:

Really, Kenny Loggins? Really, Caddyshack? Am I the only one who didn’t know that there was music in Caddyshack? How hard is it to make the song your own when nobody has ever heard it? Of course, when you’re the best you can get away with this stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I think the t-shirts should have said "hot" and "not."

    ReplyDelete