Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Top 13

Quick update on the Donnie vs. Kayla split the pot. Here is who we each still have in the running:

Kayla: Stefano, Pia, Naima, Casey
Donnie: Scotty, Jacob, Haley, Thia, Lauren, James
Free Agents: Paul, Karen

Donnie lost Ashton this week, but he is still beating me with a whopping +33 to my -2. Are you kidding me??

James and Naima both killed it. I loved James’ “Maybe I’m Amazed,” except I kept cringing thinking he was going to start screaming. In the end, he surprised me by being very soft and controlled. And Naima. Wow. The reggae “Umbrella” was so cool and her dance moves were badass.

It’s going to be so hard to rank a top ten. I think Lauren, Pia, Casey, and Jacob are all in the running to win. What makes that even tougher is that I think James would make a good second-place finisher. But who could he edge out? Also, Scotty McCreery is soooo much better than A-hole (aka Aaron, the young country boy) was last year, and Aaron made it all the way to the number 5 spot. Based on my very informal research (i.e., asking around), I think there is a pretty strong country music voting contingency, which means he could do very well.

Remember, the top 10 open bracket contest will kick off in a couple weeks so start ranking your favorites now.

No comments:

Post a Comment