Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dirty Dancing

So it comes down to Lauren and Scotty. Sorry to see Haley go home, but I was thrilled to hear her sing “Bennie and the Jets” one more time. The first time she sang this (on the piano while wearing an Easter dress) was probably my favorite performance of the season. Somebody please humor me by putting a note in the comments section telling me what YOUR favorite performance of the season was. Please? If you do, I’ll give you .05 bonus points. Because I'm definitely not above bribery.

So Donnie and Ida are tied and it all comes down the final. I’ve run the scenarios and if Lauren wins Donnie gets the purse and if Scotty wins it goes to Ida. EXCITING! The rest of us are far enough behind that we have no chance of winning, even with the .05 bonus points. Sorry.

1. Donnie
1. Ida
3. Don
3. Barb
3. Kayla
6. Susan
6. Janet
8. Katie
8. Cindi
10. Leesa
11. Jennifer S.
12. Jennie
13. Dad
13. Jennifer O.
13. Dan

Also, just a thought, but was Nicole Scherzinger’s dance not totally inappropriate for prime time? She looked like she learned her moves at a gentleman’s club.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to get the point to get out of my tie, but since I am old, I can't remember the name of any of the songs I liked! I agree about Nicole's performance and you hit the nail on the head - the Pussycat Dolls have mostly played in Vegas at a "Gentlemen's Club." Tacky!

    Susan S

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite moment was James singing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". I still think he has the most amazing voice and should have won. I think he is an inspiration for many who learn differently or have differences or as he said on "Ellen" "I like being a freak; it's the new normal" (not sure if that is exact". Cindi

    ReplyDelete