Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Songs From Now and Then

First of all, GO HALEY! I’ve picked my favorite. Let’s hope she does me proud.

How vague is this theme? One song from the past couple years and one song from “back in the day?” Haha.

James (30 Seconds to Mars): He sounds off. But nothing could top last week’s performance. I like him much better sitting on a stool than high-fiving the crowd. Overall, this was probably his worst performance. Very scream-y.

Jacob (No Air): Did it seem like he was struggling on the high notes? Randy said the notes were “sharp,” and I think he’s right. I’ve never heard this song and it just didn’t do it for me.

Lauren (Flat on the Floor): Here I go with more criticism, but this is the kind of country I really dislike. Her voice sounded pretty good, and I think Sheryl’s advice to stand in one spot was right on. And her hair looks amazing. Is it just me or could you totally see her on an episode of 16 and Pregnant?

Scotty (She’s Gone): I loved how he sounded in practice and I wish he could have kept that still control during the live performance.

Haley! (You and I): Oh my word she is fabulous. That was perfect. LOVE IT. J-Lo and Randy are HAYTERS.

James (Without You): Ohhhh, I love this song. This is the James that I loved from last week. When he does this kind of song you can really hear his talent. Wow.

Jacob (Love Hurts): Good song choice! Jimmy may have screwed Haley but he was right to tell Jacob not to sing another Luther or another gospel. Unfortunately, I think what I like about this song got buried under all the Jacob-ness.

Lauren (Unchained Melody): Okay! This is what I like to hear from Lauren. Gorgeous.

Scotty (You Were Always On My Mind): That kid looks like he could go off at any moment. I don’t trust him.

Haley (The House of the Rising Sun): Maybe it was the stool, but I LOVED the intro. I actually loved the whole thing. And she got a stand-up clap from J-Lo and Steven! Nice job, Hale! I swear I would vote if I could figure out how!

Best of the Night: Haley
Worst of the Night: Jacob
Should go Home: Jacob
Randy’s “in it to win it” count: 3

2 comments:

  1. I bought the House of the Rising Sun on itunes and I don't even watch the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed! How did you know it was good??

    ReplyDelete