Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finale!

Round 1: Contestant’s Favorite Song of the Season

Scotty (Gone): Well, I liked his t-shirt.

Lauren (Flat on the Floor): She certainly looks like a celebrity, and she performed well. Unfortunately the vocals were a little flat and just didn’t floor me.


Round 2: Contestant’s Idols Choose the Song

Scotty (Check Yes or No): Did George Strait really pick one his own songs for Scotty to sing? Haha. Scotty did a fine job but it was nothing special. It sounded like any number of random country songs I might hear on the one radio station that comes in between Florence and Louisville. Trust me.

Lauren (Maybe it Was Memphis): Perfect song choice, Carrie Underwood. It gave us the opportunity to hear the “tear” in Lauren’s voice, as Stephen described it a couple weeks ago. This was great—one of her best songs. My only suggestion would be for her to slow it down a little bit.


Round 3: Contestant’s First Single

Scotty (I Love You This Big): Randy was absolutely right, this range was good for Scotty. And the lyrics were simple and sweet. If he weren’t corny with a dash of asshole I would have to give him props.

Lauren (Like My Mother Does): Lauren did well with this song, considering the issues she was having with her voicebox or whatever was wrong with her. She didn't blow me away or anything, but it was good.


This could go either way.

Does that last sentence communicate the enthusiasm I am feeling for this season's final two? It's sort of like last night when I asked Donnie to choose between pizza and quesadillas for dinner and I realized it didn't matter either way because they were both basically white bread and cheese.

In fact, it's EXACTLY like that.

1 comment:

  1. So Don completely missed the whole show, because he was alternating between Biggest Loser and the Tigers' Game while I was at Book Club. He didn't even realize he missed it until tonight. What is AI doing going up against DWTS Final. That spells LOSER from the get go. We are watching sitcoms on ABC tonight and boycotting Haley's ouster. Supposedly, she was practicing 3 songs for last night in case Lauren Alaina was too sick to perform. Benny and the Jets was one. jdurf

    ReplyDelete