Friday, May 13, 2011

The Top 4 Wrestle with the Devil

James (Don’t Stop Believing): Wait a minute, was Randy in Journey? This was pretty good, but it was super short. James deserves to make it to the top three, I just hope it’s not at Haley’s expense.

Haley (What About Us): I’m not sure if Michael Jackson was the right choice for Haley. It’s a little blue but not in a bluesy Haley way. She picked it up a notch at the end, but I think she could have chosen a song that showcased HER style a little more. And UH OH she talked back to Randy. Bad move. You can tell she’s not used to being wrong. I get that.

Scotty the Body (Another Pop Country Song): Haha, Scotty said he’d kiss the grass if he got to do Homecoming Week. Is that what the kids are calling it these days? But the song. I’m sorry, I can’t get past that the lyrics in this song include the phrase, “I’m not sure I can tell you the difference between Iraq and Iran.” And yes, I feel qualified to pass judgment on people's geography knowledge now that I know that Michigan borders Ohio.

Lauren (Build it Anyway): What a great song choice. I mean, really, she could NOT have picked a better song. And her dress was gorgeous. Her hair was gorgeous. Haley is really going to have to step it up. Otherwise Lauren is going to have confetti in her hair in about three weeks.

ACK! What is that big black dot on Gaga’s face???? It looks like a caterpillar is about to crawl out of there.

Haley (I Love You): Sorry, Hale. This was a little over the top. I felt like I was at the opera. The judges liked it, but unfortunately I can’t imagine who would vote for this…

Scotty (Young Blood): Overall, this was a disgusting performance. I hate how he contorts his face and bends his shoulders back. Ew. I do love that he had to kiss his cross after talking to Lady Gaga. As soon as he said that I had a mental image of him handling snakes and speaking tongues, which I don’t think is that far from what we’ll see next week if he gets to do Homecoming Week.

Lauren (Trouble): I can’t understand why Lauren would pick this song if she didn’t want to call herself evil. I guess she and Scotty both need an exorcism after meeting with Gaga. I usually dislike Elvis songs as a rule, but she performed this one right out of the ballpark.

James (Love Potion Number Nine): The beginning was very Rocky Horror Picture Show. In fact, I get that vibe in general from James. This was a GREAT vocal. Much better than the Rocky Horror Picture Show actors at the Esquire.

Best of the Night: Lauren or James
Worst of the Night: Scotty
IN IT TO WIN IT COUNT: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment