Thursday, April 14, 2011

4/13: Movie Night (Guest Blogger)

I’m guest blogging for Kay Kay tonight. She’s been under the weather for a couple of days and couldn’t muster up the energy to watch the show and type at the same time. So I'll do my best, but I've got a lot to live up to!



Paul

Jimmy says, He’s got to bring a great time….

Kayla says: it’s like he’s in his own world. She didn’t like it at all. It was awful

To me it looks like he just escaped the bulls in Pamplona and stumbled into a talent show. The performance was fine, but I don’t think he’s an idol.

Judges: Love it, love it, love it. What’s new? They’re soft.

Lauren

Jimmy says, “steal Pia’s votes!” I like Jimmy.

Very good performance. There were maybe a couple of moments where it could have been amped up a little bit, but I don’t know what that means.

Steven is moved beyond tears—what exactly does that mean? I’m not convinced that he could be moved to tears in the first place.


Stefano the Sailor

Jimmy says, “I believe you can win!”

Kayla says: “I hate his V-neck. He’s going too fast.”

I think he really gained some momentum as the song went on, but he still didn’t do anything to stand out from the rest of the pack. He will definitely be in the hot seat again this week. Still making the weird faces and moving his eyebrows around.

What Simon would say (because the judges won’t get real), “It was okay. I mean it wasn’t great, it was just okay.”





Scotty

Jimmy, “You can sing anything.”

Scotty was going to sing “Everybody’s Talking,” but get this…he decided to sing…a country song. Shocking.

He seems like he forgot the words or is lacking a little confidence tonight. This was a very sleepy song. It’s also possible that I was sleepy. Not much else to say.

Kayla fell asleep. Then she woke up and said, “eh, all right.”

Casey

Jimmy, “I think you’ve got to do a song that says all right this will help me win.”

Casey: “I’m not that concerned with winning.”

Well, I can see they painted the bass silver to make it a little more exciting. He also threw in some strange faces. My question is, what kind of artist does Casey want to be? Am I that far with my talent meter? I wouldn’t even pick this guy to win Jazz Idol. Three weeks ago he was butchering Nirvana.

Simon would have had a field day with that.

The judges say…Encore!

Kayla says, “cough, cough, cough…It was all right…Are they going to dislike anybody? I miss Simon.”

Haley

Jimmy says, “Haley has to transform herself.”

She has a lot of star power. Way more energy than Casey. She definitely could have used a little more variety in this song, as it didn’t really highlight too much of her singing ability.

The judges started speaking the truth, but why only for Haley?

Kayla, “I liked it”


Jacob

Jimmy says, “I don’t think Jacob needs to do corny right now.”

Jacob seems like he’s getting tired of the competition. He’s definitely the best singer in the competition.

Kayla: “It was good.”

James

Jimmy, “You’d better be careful this week.”

James was messing with Jimmy. I think this was an awful idea. Jimmy knows his stuff.

Then again, James did come out and bring a lot of energy. But he also stopped singing for a good 45 seconds. Are we supposed to vote for a guitar solo and lights show?

Kayla, “I didn’t like it. It gave me a headache.”



The Summary

Best Singer: Jacob

Best Performance: Haley

Time to go home: Stefano or Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment