Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Top 9 Sing

Jacob (Man in the Mirror): I love that he changed his song from “Let’s Get it On” to “Man in the Mirror.” So much more appropriate for prime time. If I could sing this would probably be my tune. He did an okay job, I was happy that he did something a little different. My favorite part was afterwards during the commercial when Donnie did his imitation.

Haley (Piece of My Heart): This started really strong and then got a little bit too growly. I like the growl as a special effect but not as the status quo. She sounds like she’s gargling. Still love her though!

Casey (Have You Ever Seen the Rain): Aw, that was very sweet, Casey. It was like getting a funny chain email in the middle of a stressful day. One with surprised cats and intentionally misspelled captions.

Lauren (You Make Me Feel): She is such a natural. She is just like a less humble Kelly Clarkson. Wow.

James (While My Guitar Gently Weeps): I think it was sort of genius to slow it down tonight. If anything, it made him stand out from the other contestants. And I loved hearing that he had been working on that song for five years. I’ve never worked on anything for five years.

Scotty (That’s Alright): Oh my goodness, this is so terrible. I hate it. HATE. He looks like a ventriloquist dummy.

Pia (River Deep Mountain High): She is so poised that I can’t even relate to her.

Stefano (When A Man Loves a Woman): Ohhhh, I love how it starts out so high. Unfortunately, I think this song is a little bit too old fashioned and there’s not much he can do to modernize it. He’s definitely feeling it though. And he’s trying very hard to keep his eyes open, so points for that.

Paul (Folsom Prison Blues): I love me some Johnny Cash and Paul definitely sang this like he was out of his gourd. I was digging the bluegrass. Great. Although our composite ranking has him leaving this week, I’m hoping he sticks around.

Best of the Night: Paul, Lauren
Worst of the Night: Scotty
Will probably go home: Stefano

No comments:

Post a Comment