Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Top 6 Sing Carole King

Jacob (Oh No Not My Baby): First, I like his outfit. I would like to see more people where sweater vests under plaid sport coats. And I think this was a good song choice because it really highlighted his vocal skills. He was able to get high and low and throw in a little doo wop. One of his best. I’m a little worried that it might be a little too old fashioned for people young enough to figure out how to vote on Idol. For the record, I can’t figure out how to vote.

Lauren (Where You Lead I Will Follow aka the Gilmore Girls theme song): Having only heard this on the intro to the Gils I liked getting the chance to hear the verses. And I liked it with Lauren’s country twang. She’s going to win. Watch.

I also liked how Ryan tried to accuse the innocent 19 year old who got pulled out of the audience of having an inappropriate relationship with a minor.

Haley and Casey Duet (I Feel the Earth Move): They really bring out the best in each other. And I thought it was hysterical when Steven called Casey “Weird Beard.” My sense of humor is very sophisticated.

Scotty (You Got a Friend): Okay, I’ve been on down on Scotty since he sang Baby Lock Them Doors three times in a row, but this was pretty good. I think Jimmy and Babyface gave him the right advice when they said to lose the Scotty voice and soften it up. Much better.

James (Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow): So before our DVR even caught up with James we had gotten three texts saying how good he was going to be. Dad’s just said “Shut up.” So obviously James had a lot to live up to. And WOW, it was awesome. Until Donnie ruined it in the middle of the chorus by accusing me of eating his last gingersnap. He said, “You ate my snap!” and made me open my mouth to show him I didn’t.

Lauren and Scotty Duet (On the Roof): This was corny as heck and I wish they hadn’t sang it. It spoiled the good vibes I was feeling towards Scotty.

Casey (Hidee HO?): I know Casey can sing because he did it at the beginning of this song. He did a good job, too. Unfortunately, he stopped singing at about 20% through the song and just growl-talked his way through the rest. Enough of the growling!

Haley (Beautiful): I want to apologize for not respecting her Adele last week. I watched it again and it was much better than I had originally thought. This week was solid. I really like her and if I had to pick a favorite it would be her, although I’m constantly worried she is going to be sent home.

James and Jacob Duet (I’m Into Something Good): Egh. The only thing that could make this more awkward is if Ryan makes some snarky comment about J-Lo's legs. Oh wait. Here it comes. Yup. Totally awkward.


Best of the night: James, Scotty
Worst of the Night: Casey
Will probably go home: Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment